Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions – chopped
1 potato large - peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable concentrated liquid stock or chicken stock
1/2 cup cream
1 kg red sweet potatoes/kumara/yams - peeled and chopped
1 tsp freshly crushed garlic (I've used the one in a jar too)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 shallot or spring onions, finely sliced (for garnish, but adds a bit of zing to the soup too)
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add the sweet potato, potato and garlic/
4. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Add stock and nutmeg to the pan.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
7. Puree the soup in a blender or food processor.
8. Stir 2/3 of the cream into soup.
9. Heat without boiling.
10. Serve the soup garnished with remaining cream, shallots and a shake of ground nutmeg.
: Masterfoods http://www.masterfoods.com.au/